Here are our top 10 bedroom ideas to help you make your room feel bigger, brighter, and better.
1. USE BRIGHT ARTWORK: A dark room can be extremely cozy. However, in times like these when many of us are working from home, it’s important to have a room that can lift your spirits when you’re having a bit of a bad day.
2. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A COLOURFUL RUG: A colourful rug can lift your mood, provide more light to your bedroom AND bring something different to your dull, dark and moody bedroom! A pop of colour here and there will completely change your space.
3. MIRRORS, MIRRORS AND MORE MIRRORS: Looking for a quick and easy way to DOUBLE the amount of sunlight that exists in your bedroom? Well, everyone knows that mirrors are reflective, but not just so you can see your beautiful bed hair in the morning. They’ll bounce light around your room and make an instant difference.
4. WINDOW CLEANING: If you can clean one thing, clean the inside of your windows and embrace every last bit of sunlight!
5. AVOID EXCESSIVE FURNITURE: Bedroom furniture takes up space! So, you need to decide for yourself what you’d prefer. The storage or space?
6. BE ORGANISED: Clutter is the enemy of space! If your bedroom is untidy, messy or dirty then there’s little room for clean and open space! Carve out a few hours out on a Sunday and have a re-organise. You’ll be surprised how much ‘stuff’ you have, that you’ve probably never used. A good rule of thumb for us is if you didn’t know if there was CHUCK IT!
7. BEDSHEETS: Use a lightly coloured or simple-patterned bedsheet! A key ingredient to your bedroom is in the word! Your BED. We all have a bedsheet. If it’s dark coloured or there’s too much going on, your bedroom is going to look dark and cluttered.
8. LIGHTS: You can always add more lights in your bedroom, bedside lamps, desk lamps, etc. BUT, make sure you fill the lights with white light bulbs. This will replicate sunlight instead of the dark, gloomy yellow lights we’re all so used to.
9. COLOUR COORDINATE: Minimize the contrast between colours in your bedroom by choosing a single colour scheme! This will help declutter your room as well as keeping it simple. This leads us on to our next point…
10. KEEP IT SIMPLE: This is our favourite tip. Don’t overcomplicate, if you have too much ‘stuff’ your room will look cluttered, if there’s too much going on, it’ll never feel how you want it to! Have a re-organise and simplify it down, until you’re happy. 🙂